Saturday, December 20, 2014

Weekly Ride

        I go on a ride along the ECR (Eastern Coastal Road) in Chennai every weekend. It's just a ride of an hour and half. The ECR itself is good to ride; of course one has to maintain a high level of alertness since it is a two way road and also it leads to Pondicherry which is the liquor hub of south. The stretch I take to d0 this 60 odd kilometer ride is Madambakkam (my house) - Kelambakkam - Kovalam - Sholinganallur - Medavakkam - Madambakkam. The stretch has a lot of potholes, but for some reason I always seem to stick to this route. 

        The steed is my new yamaha R15; one of the reason why I haven't been able to stretch the ride more than this 60 odd km is due to the fact that I haven't yet got accustomed to the aggressive position of the bike. If there is a lot of traffic, riding becomes very painful. If it is scarce, I would be able to munch a lot of kms. Hoping to go on a trip to Pondicherry soon; although I wouldn't consider Pondi to be a long distance trip but it's a start. 

The following pics are taken during he ride:



And the steed:


4 comments: